(Indonesia)–Headlining today’s news, while the United States plans to help Indonesia combat terrorism, a mission group is sending new workers into the region. Even though Christians have been targets of violence, New Tribes Mission’s Don Alderman says they’re sending missionaries to West Kalimantan, after one village leader requested them to come in a letter. “In this letter, he asked for New Tribes to send some missionaries. And, all of the leaders signed this letter. They want to have the Bible translated into their language and they want to be taught how they can go out and teach people about God and Jesus Christ.” Alderman says reports of Muslim violence are affecting their ministry. “We don’t want that to be a focus. We still see that God is giving us open doors to present the Gospel to people. If we had the laborers right now, we could put new teams in to 32 areas that have never been exposed to the Gospel.”
Story number 1 for 5 Aug 2002
PUBLISHED ON 5 August, 2002 BY davidvranish
- Primary Language: Indonesian
- Primary Religion: Islam
- Evangelical: 5.6%
Data from the Joshua Project
MNN FEATURED LINKS27 February, 2017
- Curious about SAT-7 channels? Get details here.
- Want to read the Bible in a year? You can pick your own start date with Biblica's Bible reading plans. Start today!
- If you're interested in making a difference the wake of Nepal's struggles, we can connect you right here.
- How can you serve with AMG International?
- Click here to find out more about Bethany Christian Services Refugee Resettlement programs.