(Laos)–Meanwhile, Christians in Laos are facing increasing amounts of persecution for their faith. According to Christian Aid Mission, three Christian families were evicted recently from their parsonage for refusing to renounce the religious beliefs. According to reports, some Christians are being arrested for speaking freely and openly about their faith. In other parts of the country, churches are being closed and some authorities are boasting publicly that there are no more Christians in their districts.
Story number 2 for 6 May 2003
Published by davidvranish on May 6, 2003
- Primary Language: Lao
- Primary Religion: Buddhism
- Evangelical: 2.6%
Data from the Joshua Project
MNN FEATURED LINKS18 December, 2014
- Support SGA's Christmas Gospel of Luke printing project.
- Click here for multiple ways you can get involved with Voice of the Martyrs USA.
- Help recovery and relief in the Philippines with Baptist Global Response.
- Why do people like you matter to organizations like World Mission?
- What gifts can you give to children in Burma? Ones that change lives.
Featured Mission Group
Scriptures In Use
Christian Aid Mission
Vision Beyond Borders
Faith Comes By Hearing
Open Doors USA
Slavic Gospel Association
Featured Mission TripLocation: India
Magnificent historical sites attract millions of tourists and students from across India and the world to India's Rajasthan state. But the beautiful architecture can't cure the brokenness they carry with them--a cure that is only found in Jesus. Partnering with national India Campus Crusade for Christ® staff members and local churches, you will have the...
Find Out More About This Trip