Compassion helps families amid Colombia and Venezuela tensions
Colombia (MNN) — Large-scale military exercises and a regional defense pact have rumors of war circling Colombia and Venezuela. Compassion International partners with churches in a Colombian border town called Cucuta*. They’re helping seven-hundred Venezuelan families in Christ’s name, along with their normal ministry activities. Each day brings a new wave of people across the border. Connect with us online to send help through Compassion.
Excerpt:Colombia (MNN) -- Tension builds in South America; ministry urges prayer.
- Region: South America
- Country: Colombia
- Tags: Carlos Alvarez, colombia, compassion international, Cucuta, disaster relief, poverty, refugees, south america, venezuela
- Image: https://www.mnnonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/CMP_Colombia-Venezuela.jpg
Secondary School vital for breaking extremism cycle
Jordan (MNN) — Tent Schools International is in the middle of its giving campaign. One of the issues the ministry is focusing on is raising funds to provide a secondary school for displaced Iraqi youth in Jordan. Tent Schools Executive Director Emily Klooster says the kids Tent Schools helps educate are especially vulnerable to extremist recruitment. Furthermore, most of these kids have no options for attending secondary school. “These older kids, in the absence of education…they risk long term psychological effects of untreated traumatic experiences that they may still be dealing with as they as they get older. They risk falling into destructive habits like drugs and alcohol abuse. They are definitely at a higher risk having been displaced of depression, suicide, not being able to see a path out.” But in order to eliminate extremism, and help these kids, the cycle which creates extremism needs to be broken. And building this secondary school could help. “We really are trying to bridge this educational gap for them, because we feel it’s a very practical way to address that issue, the issue of extremism, as well as all of the other issues I talked about.” To help provide this secondary school and gives these kids a fighting chance at life, visit TENT-SCHOOLS-INT-dot-org.
Excerpt:Jordan (MNN) -- Tent Schools International needs YOUR help building a secondary school
- Region: Middle East
- Country: Jordan
- Tags: Amman, break, center, cycle, displaced, education, extremism, Good, international, iraq, iraqi, jordan, refugee, schools, shepherd, tent, youth
- Image: https://www.mnnonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/69866323_10156455158740779_690633309587243008_o.jpg
Beyond language and ethnicity in the Great Commission
International (MNN) — A lot of ministries define people groups that are unreached with the Gospel based on language and ethnicity. But York Aspacher with Operation Mobilization, a member of the Alliance for the Unreached, says there is more to the Great Commission. For example, sharing Jesus in the context of careers or family structures can be just as effective, if not more so! Who in your circles needs Gospel hope today? Find your place in the story.
Excerpt:International (MNN) -- OM talks contexts where you can share Jesus
- Region: Worldwide
- Country: Worldwide
- Tags: Alliance for the Unreached, central africa, community, contexts, culture, Far, great commission, lake tanganyika, long-term, ministry, missions, near, operation mobilization, people groups, same, short-term, unreached people groups, vocation, York Aspacher
- Image: https://www.mnnonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/don-ross-iii-JuKbaozIo0k-unsplash.jpg