Headliners for the week of 18 June, 2019
Iran (MNN) -- Multiple tanker attacks spiked U.S.-Iran tensions in recent weeks. Now, Iran warns it will break a 2015 nuclear agreement in less than ten days. As you hear updates like these, remember – God is moving behind-the-scenes in Iran. A man we’ll call “Muhammed” leads a Persian house church. He says Christ is captivating Iranian hearts through dreams and visions. Read the full story at Mission-News-dot-org, and whenever Iran appears in the headlines – pray.
Call to action
- Praise God for the mighty ways He’s moving in the Muslim world.
- Ask Him to strengthen and encourage believers in Iran.
- Pray Christians will capitalize on unprecedented opportunities to spread the Gospel via Internet, TV, and media.
Haiti (MNN) -- Google the word ‘Haiti’ and you'll see pictures of riots, strikes, and burning cars. Haitians in the streets of Port-au-Prince are angry about corruption and poverty. For Haiti With Love’s Eva De Hart says the rest of Haiti is peaceful, but protests prevent travel and keep short-term mission teams at bay. Keep praying for Haiti, and learn how to help For Haiti With Love at our website.
Call to action
- Pray for peace in Port-au-Prince, and pray short-term mission teams will be able to fulfill their commitments.
- Pray for donors to continue supporting For Haiti With Love so it can keep providing physical and spiritual care through its medical clinic.