International (MNN) — In a world with yearly advancements in technology, it’s hard to believe hunger and poverty are still issues. But they are.
Back in the year 2000, world leaders gathered together at the United Nations to commit to eradicating extreme poverty and hunger by 2015. The initiative was called the Millennium Development Goals.
Now, 2015 has come and gone, and with it, an increase in displaced persons worldwide.
According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), there are over 59 million people displaced because of war, violence, and for many other reasons. Yet, there’s still hope.
In September 2015, a new set of goals was adopted called the Sustainable Development Goals to counteract not just poverty and hunger, but so much more.
And in the midst of such great need, Food for the Hungry continues to persevere forward and help whoever it can. FH offers hope and freedom to people who are living in poverty and who are hungry–not just physically, but spiritually as well.
Here are a couple of ways FH helps:
- By providing emergency relief aid: The Emergency Response Unit (ERU) of Food for the Hungry (FH) responds to disasters around the world. By mobilizing FH offices on the ground and partnering with organizations, FH brings critical physical assistance and Christ’s love to disaster survivors. Join us in providing shelter, food and comfort to people who have lost everything.
- By providing long-term development in various communities: Through long-term development, FH works to transform communities, help children grow and succeed, and by help provide a livelihood for those in need.
But FH doesn’t just feed hungry people. It also offers the hope of Jesus Christ, the very inspiration for FH’s work in over 20 countries, spanning three continents, to every community and child it helps.
Just imagine what it must be like to meet someone hungry and empty, and then to help fill them, maybe for the first time, with both food for the body and the Gospel for the soul. And guess what? If you team up with FH, you won’t have to imagine that feeling; you will know.
Join countless others in tackling a couple of the world’s largest humanitarian issues–poverty and hunger. Team up with FH today!
Here a couple of ways how YOU can help
- Volunteering: Take a chance and be a part of a lasting impact in someone’s life by helping to provide humanitarian work!
- Donating: FH could use support both as an organization and for it’s individual projects. It can’t do what it does without partners like you.
- Praying: Pray, if you would, for God’s grace and love to shine through to those in need. Also pray for Him to continue enabling FH to be used as His hands and feet everywhere.
Let’s end poverty and hunger together.
To learn more about volunteering with FH, click here.
To donate to FH or one of its projects, click here.