USA (MNN) — A lot of churches have missions committees, but sometimes it's hard to know what to do beyond that. Who do you support? What short-term trips do you take? And how can you pay for it all?
The Evangelical Free Church of America may be able to help answer some of these questions.
The Global Outreach (GO) Summit is a one-day missions training event put on by EFC Connect and the North Central District. The training will take place in Thief River Falls, Minnesota on January 29, 2011.
The GO Summit brings together a team of missions practitioners "to encourage you, stimulate your thinking, offer ideas, and facilitate networking with others." Those in attendance will hear from missions mobilizers, the ReachGlobal International Camping Director, and a ReachGlobal missionary to Japan.
Throughout the day, attendees will also head to various breakout sessions, including workshops on the following topics:
• Asia Women's Initiative (Human Trafficking)
• The Impact of Short-Term Missions
• How to Pick a Place and Go Short-Term
• How to Increase Mission Awareness
• Maximizing Your Mission Budget
• Resources for Training Short-Term Teams
• Business as Missions in Japan and Beyond
• Missionary and Church Relations
• Introduction to Mission Partnerships
The cost to attend the GO Summit is typically $35 per person, but it's only $30 per person if three people from the same church register together. Lunch is included in the fee. The registration deadline is January 27.
If your church is serious about missions, consider taking a trip to Minnesota at the end of this month, so you can be more effective in sharing the Good News of Christ.